Saturday, October 9, 2010

Why icyspots?

I'm not all that clever and nearly every phrase and name you can think of is already taken by someone on the internet. Hence Dave32546@aol.com. However, icy spots are things I try and avoid especially while walking. I see spots sometimes too.

My brother has a couple of blogs one where he reviews books and another on music. Both things I like. Maybe I'll critique his reviews and suggestions, surely that will be easier than thinking up my own. I do read of course.

I recently finished 'The Man Who Loved Books Too Much' by Allison Hoover Bartlett. It's about a man who steals thousands of dollars of books by credit card fraud back in the 90's and a book dealer who helped to catch him. I felt like Bartlett portrayed him a little too sympathetically. He seemed very creepy to me and she was creeped out at least once when they went together to a book store he'd previously stolen from. Speaking of creeps though, the first time she met him, while in jail, she realized she had to remove her underwire bra before being admitted to the visiting room and runs out to her car in the parking lot to pull it out through her sleeve Upon reading that, I flipped right to the back fold of the dust jacket to check out her picture. I guess I'll never grow up.

Well, I have stuff to do. Chores. My office is getting really bad too. I don't want to end up on Hoarders.    

No comments:

Post a Comment